Logistics Coordinator - Triad Metals International / Pittsburgh, PA
Job Title: Logistics Coordinator
Triad Metals was established in 1987 and is an industry leader in distributing structural steel, tubing, pipe, piling and plate products in the US and Canada. Future expansion is on the horizon, the company continues to grow in order to bring the best steel solutions and services to customers. The company builds strong relationships with the employees, customers and venders alike. Triad Metals is seeking a Logistics Coordinator to join our exceptional team in Pittsburgh, PA.
We are looking for a skilled Logistics Coordinator to support and facilitate our supply chain operations. Working as part of a team, the Logistics Coordinator is responsible for all shipping aspects of a designated region. They are well-versed in supply management principles and practices, enabling them to maximize efficiency. Customer satisfaction is paramount as the Logistics Coordinator must immediately respond to customer questions and complaints, as well as notify them of any problems or delays in service.
Successful Candidates will have:
• Coordinate, schedule, and communicate shipment details to suppliers and customers.
• Organize and track information according to customers’ requirements.
• Develop and manage relationships with carrier base.
• Utilize internal and external resources to negotiate freight rates with carriers.
• Schedule and/or reschedule delivery appointments for all shipments.
• Answer incoming phone calls and/or inquiries.
• Communicate with drivers and shipping personnel to ensure trucks are properly loaded.
• Provide detailed directions and instructions to properly route drivers.
• Keep accurate records and ensure required documentation is submitted timely.
• Adhere to shipping/receiving and regulatory-compliance procedures.
• Investigate product overage, shortage, or damage, and complete the appropriate documentation.
• Update Account Managers on problem shipments, and the actions that will or have been taken.
• Perform other duties as required and assigned.
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Minimum 2 years of dispatching/freight management experience
• Previous experience working with brokers and Freight companies is preferred
• Strong organizational skills, critical thinking skills, and problem solving
• Excellent customer service skills
• Proficiency in data entry skills
Full-time, salaried position which includes Medical, Dental, Vision benefits, Paid Time Off, Voluntary Benefits, and company matched 401(k). Year End Bonus’ available.