Production Manager - Triad Metals International / Petersburg, VA
Citadel Fabrication is currently seeking a Warehouse/Production Manager for a new Processing and Steel Distribution facility in Petersburg, VA
The mission of the Warehouse/Production Manager is to develop and maintain a staff of capable individuals to operate a Steel Piling Fabrication/Processing Distribution Facility in a safe and efficient manner. The Warehouse Manager is expected to seek ways to improve safety, production, quality, and efficiency.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
· Overseeing receiving, warehousing, welding, processing, and distribution operations.
· Oversee training, cross-training, and development of operation-related employees.
· Establishing and implementing operational procedures and policies.
· Ensuring safe and effective use of warehouse equipment.
· Perform daily inspections of the physical warehouse to identify safety hazards/deficiencies and take immediate action to correct them.
· Educating and maintaining a safe work environment.
· Documentation and record keeping of warehouse activities.
· Monitor and assure the proper maintenance of plant and equipment. Support the development and implementation of an effective preventive maintenance program.
· Actively promote excellent customer service through example, training, and ensuring that all commitments to customers are met, including delivery promises, special instructions, and processing tolerances.
· Purchase shop-related supplies.
· Screen, secure, discipline, and dismiss employees as needed in conjunction with Human Resource Department.
· Demonstrate the ability to effectively schedule workflow.
· Manage production and staff schedules based on equipment efficiency, materials supply, staffing resources, and volume required to meet demand and to ensure maximum service and production quality.
Required Ability to Use or Operate the following:
· Standard office equipment such as computer and keyboard, calculator, phone, copier, fax machine, and the like.
· Proficient use of Microsoft Outlook/Excel/Word, AutoCAD, and ERP software.
· Knowledge, use, and maintenance of standard steel fabrication equipment, such as basic and pneumatic hand tools, sanders, grinders, saws, drills, drill presses, welding equipment, press brakes, plasma tables, drill lines, angle lines, cutters, measuring tools, forklifts, overhead crane, rough terrain yard crane, various other material handling and fabrication equipment.
· Must be able to read and interpret documents, such as blueprints, drawings, plans, policies, diagrams, tables, DWG-related prints, etc.
· Must have mathematical and numeric knowledge/skills related to measuring.
· Must have knowledge of materials and a strong understanding of metals and equipment
· Must have good computer skills: MS Office, Outlook, Excel, etc.
Working knowledge and/or proficiency in the following area(s):
· Welding, AWS Standards to D1.1 & D1.5
· Rigging and handling
· Shipping and Receiving
· Inventory Control
· Various steel processing equipment
· CNC programming