Welder - Triad Metals International / Petersburg, VA
Job Title: Welder
Triad Metals was established in 1987 and is an industry leader in distributing structural steel, tubing, pipe, piling, and plate products in the US and Canada. Future expansion is on the horizon, the company continues to grow in order to bring the best steel solutions and services to customers. The company builds strong relationships with employees, customers, and vendors alike. Triad Metals is seeking Welders at our Petersburg, VA location.
Welders will join, fabricate, and repair metal and other weldable materials by applying appropriate welding techniques and operating welding equipment. Welders interpret blueprints, specifications, and drawings to determine appropriate welding processes. In addition to welding duties, this individual will be expected as needed to material handle using an overhead crane and fork truck with training. Willingness to cross-train on other equipment is a plus.
Successful Candidates will be expected to:
• Understand blueprints/drawings and the ability to interpret and apply design aspects to current projects.
• Successfully pass AWS D.1.1 Welder certification test.
• Possess good mechanical and troubleshooting skills.
• Position, align, fit, and weld parts to form complete units or subunits, following blueprints and layout specifications using jigs, welding torches, and hand tools.
• Verify conformance of workpieces to specifications and determine structural soundness.
• Review engineering drawings and blueprints to determine material requirements and task sequences.
• Perform overhead crane operation.
• Perform daily maintenance checks on equipment.
• Inspect Dimensional products using standard measuring equipment.
• Meet all quality assurance standards.
• Be responsible for housekeeping in the work area.
• Follow all safety and operating instructions.
• Perform all other duties as assigned.
• High School diploma or equivalent
• 1+ years of welding-related experience
• AWS D.1.1 certification required; D.1.5 certification would be ideal
Full-time, non-exempt position which includes medical, dental, vision benefits, Paid Time Off, voluntary benefits, and company matched 401(k). Monthly Bonuses and Year End Bonus’ are available.